- At K L, great emphasis is laid on Research and Development (R&D) that is focused on development of product/process oriented technologies for sustainable development.
- There are 35 faculty research groups, each headed by an eminent professor, actively involved in setting up research centers and mobilizing research grants from funding agencies and consultancy projects from industries.
- These projects are executed and disseminated to UG, PG & Doctoral students in the form of mini & major projects
AWARDS AND HONORS
- 7 UGC research Awards (Out of 100 given by UGC, Countrywide)
- 26 SERB Young Scientist Projects.
- 19 DST Women Scientists.
- 37 Ongoing Sponsored Research Projects and 87 Projects completed successfully worth several crores
CENTERS OF EXCELLENCE AND RESEARCH LABS
- Four Centers of Excellence are established to promote research
- Advanced Center for Energy Studies
- Advanced Studies in Atmospheric Sciences
- Center for Bio-Process Technology
- Center for Robotics and Mechatronics
- Our Atmospheric Sciences, Computer Science Engineering (CSE) Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE), Mechanical Engineering (ME), Biotechnology (BT), Electronics and Computer Science Engineering (ECSE) and Physics departments are recognized and funded by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) under ‘Fund for Improvement of S&T Infrastructure’ (FIST).
MAJOR R&D HIGHLIGHTS
- KLU allows an internal funding of INR 5L per faculty and INR 25,000 per student for every approved project.
- KLU is a Department of Scientific & Industrial Research (DSIR) recognized institute.
- 5000+ research publications in last 4 years defaulted in reputed databases like Scopus and WoS, among others.
- 55 patents filed and published.
- Faculty collaborating with international universities like NTU, NSU-Singapore, AIT-Thailand, Nagoya University-Japan, Monash University, Victoria University-Australia, Tomsk polytechnic University - Russia.
- Both full time and part time scholars enrolled in research programs for Ph.D. degree are allotted with research guides.
To our credit, we have 124 research projects acquired in different areas of Science and Engineering worth INR 46.5Cr, sponsored by various funding agencies which include:
- Department of Science and Technology (DST)
- Department of Biotechnology (DBT)
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- University Grants Commission (UGC)
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
- Defence Research Development Organization (DRDO)
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE)
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
- Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR)
- Ministry of Environment, Forestry & Climate Change (MOEF)
- Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB)